James Weimer, PhD, is a Research Assistant Professor at the University of Pennsylvania. Jim is now at Vanderbilt University but in the same area of specialty specializing in bioengineering, signal processing, and machine learning. Dr. Weimer is an expert in electrical and computer science and has been researching and teaching about the complexities of signal/noise discrimination within complex data sets. He is nationally recognized for work in medical cyber-physical systems, internet-of medical things, and safe autonomy. At Neuralert, Dr. Weimer is the author of the algorithm, and is responsible for ongoing refinement and tuning of it as additional monitoring data is available. He also offers input into the design requirements of the purpose-built prototype wristband.
Academic and industry recognition
- Program Committee co-chair for the ACM/IEEE International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems in 2020
- General co-chair for the ACM/IEEE International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems in 2021
- Associate Editor ACM Transactions on Cyber-Physical Systems since 2018.
- Associate Editor ACM Transactions on Computing for Healthcare since 2019.
- Over 85 peer-reviewed manuscripts published in various journals including Proceedings of IEEE, Diabetes Technology and Therapeutics, ACM Smart Health, IEEE Transaction on Automatic Control, and ACM Transactions on Cyber-Physical Systems